CT and MRI Scans at Carolinas Center for Surgery
Patients sometimes need a CT or MRI scan done in order for a doctor to more accurately diagnose a disease or an injury. At Carolinas Center for Surgery, we provide in-house imaging and radiology services — so you don’t have to travel elsewhere to receive a quick MRI or CT scan.
If you’re in the Jacksonville, Morehead City, or Swansboro area and you need a CT or MRI scan, look no further than Carolinas Center for Surgery. We are accredited for CT and MRI by the American College of Radiology (ACR), which means we meet the highest level of patient safety standards and image quality.
A CT (computed tomography) scan uses a combination of X-rays to produce detailed images of the inside of your body. At our main office location in Morehead City, we have a GE Brightspeed Elite 16 – Slice CT scanner that:
- Delivers high-resolution imaging
- Provides exceptional beam power
- Makes for quick and easy visits
We also have an MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) vehicle that comes to our office a few times a week. An MRI scan provides pictures of the inside of your body to monitor treatments and to diagnose existing injuries or complications.
If you are in need of radiology or imaging services, schedule an appointment with Carolinas Center for Surgery. Our experienced surgeons at our multiple locations accept outside referrals for imaging and radiology services.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How will having the test improve my care?
- Are there alternatives that do not use radiation and deliver similar results?
- Is the facility accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR)?
- Are pediatric and adult tests delivered using the appropriate radiation doses?
- Our facility has voluntarily gone through a rigorous review process to ensure that we meet the ACR’s nationally-accepted standards of care.
- Everyone who performs CT and MRI scans at our facility is well-qualified to perform medical imaging, interpret your image, and administer radiation therapy treatments.
- Our facility and equipment meet and exceed quality assurance and safety guidelines.