At Carolinas Center for Surgery our General Surgery department provides services concerning all aspects of surgical care.
At Carolinas Center for Surgery, our entire team is devoted to providing services concerning all categories of surgical care. To help promise the utmost care and consideration for procedures, our General Surgery Department maintains a collaborative relationship with general surgical sub-specialists with many academic hospitals for consultations.
Most major surgeries are performed at Carteret Health Care, where our very own Dr. Juozas Zavadzkas serves as Chief of Surgery.
Dr. Zavadzkas is joined by a host of other accomplished medical professionals in our General Surgery Department: Dr. John Johnson, Dr. Mindy Merritt, Dr. Dean Marson, and Kevin Martin, PA. This range of expertise affords us the insight and skill to provide the following services:
- Thyroid and parathyroid surgery
- Esophageal surgery
- Gallbladder surgery
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease treatment
- Diverticulitis treatment
- Breast conditions
- Colorectal, skin, and soft tissue cancer treatment
- Other important health-related services
For outpatient endoscopy, routine hernia repair, and routine breast care, The Surgical Center of Morehead City offers an agreeable outpatient surgical experience.
Our team aspires to provide extensive and meticulously planned care for all of our patients, and we encourage you to contact us for any questions or to schedule an appointment.
How to Begin the Journey Toward Greater Health and Well-Being
To help expedite your appointment scheduling, we have a few simple steps you can follow to let us best serve you. Our General Surgery Department recommends the following actions:
- Patient or referring partner contacts our office to schedule an appointment.
- We request any records pertaining to the problem to be sent.
- We ask referring provider to send over most recent notes or imaging — when applicable.
- Patient should bring driver’s license, insurance card, and specialist copay.
- Patient should arrive 15 minutes early to complete any paperwork.
- Surgeon will determine best treatment option during the visit.
- Patient works with nurse to pick a surgery date and review instructions — when applicable.
All of us here at Carolinas Center for Surgery hope that we can help you begin the journey toward better health and well-being.