The health of your breasts depends on proper and comprehensive care. That’s why Carolinas Center for Surgery provides specialist treatment of malignant and benign breast disease. Based on our prognosis, you may be recommended for one of the following therapies:
- Minimally invasive breast biopsy
- Lumpectomy (breast conservation)
- Benign breast disease management
- Other collaborative measures
Our approach requires a close relationship among doctors — at keystone of our clinic right here in Morehead City. You’ll get the advantage of the many options provided by our team of Dr. Mindy Merritt, a fellowship trained breast surgeon, and Dr. Peter Klainer, our esteemed reconstructive and plastic surgeon.
In addition to our highly qualified surgeons, we also maintain the equipment to perform breast biopsies and ultrasounds in the office. It’s our quality of care and level of distinction that allow our team to rival the finest academic centers.
Credentials aside — this care is about you.
Our Process to Ensure the Highest Quality Breast Care
We want to make sure that your visit goes exceedingly well. So we’ve outlined the process for bringing in patients for care.
- Patient or provider contacts our office to schedule an appointment.
- Our team requests most recent notes and imaging reports or discs.
- Dr. Merritt’s office receives those notes, reports, or discs for review.
- Patient will be asked to arrive 15 minutes early and bring the following items:
- Driver’s license
- Insurance card
- Specialist copay
- Dr. Merritt will discuss the best treatment options with the patient.
Our entire team congratulates you on taking the first steps toward getting answers for your breast health. And we look forward to having the opportunity to assist you with treatment and recovery.